Teenage is prone to weight gain as the body is changing and a lot of other hormonal changes are happening in the body as well. The teen years play a vital role in transforming a child into an adult.
There will be hormonal changes in the body, the BMI will get higher, and excess fat might get stored in the body as it will help growth. During this time it is necessary to cultivate a healthy diet style and do regular workouts. The body facing the changes plus your eating can make you gain weight unhealthily. What can be some good food recipes that you can follow during this time?
Let us look at a few teen weight loss recipes and how they support you in saying bye to extra pounds in your body.
Teen Weight Loss Recipes
Most teen recipes will be focused on non-veg eaters only, but here we have considered everyone. We are starting the recipes with a vegan weight loss recipe.
Here are 8 teen weight loss recipes that you can try out:
1. Vegan Pasta With Kale And Hummus
- Cook pasta and add homemade hummus
- Fill a bowl with it, and sprinkle over some pepper
- Add kale and olive slices over it
This is completely a vegan option. If you are vegan then you can try out this one.
2. Salmon Stuffed Avocados
- Cut an avocado into two halves, and remove the seed
- Fill the avocado with canned salmon
- Sprinkle it over with salt, pepper
- Garnish with some finely chopped herbs
If you are a salmon lover, and can not even think of a weight loss food plan that does not have salmon in, we have got you covered.
3. Chocolate Oatmeal Banana
- Take a bowl and fill it with oatmeal that is ready to eat
- Place sliced banana on top of it
- Add a spoonful of chocolate
This is a very easy-to-make meal. If you are late in the morning and have to prepare a meal all of a sudden and do not want to skip breakfast, which we do not recommend at all, then this recipe is for no one else, but you.
4. Chicken Satay Salad
- Chicken breast cooked with cumin, garlic, clove, and honey
- Add lettuce wedges, cucumber, and pomegranate
This chicken salad contains spices and veggies that can add protein and fiber to you and support your health.
5. Quinoa Chipotle Chicken Burrito
- Take a bowl, add small pieces of grilled chicken
- A few spoons of quinoa, avocado cubes, tomato cubes
- Add thin lettuce, and cooked brown beans
This when you make it will be colorful as well as a weight loss bowl.
6. Cabbage Soup
- Cook the soup with finely chopped pieces of cabbage
- Add bell pepper, carrot, tomato, parsley and herbs
If you have been looking for a soup option, then here it is. It is super simple to make as well.
7. Spicy Tuna Taco With Avocado
- Fill the tacos with sliced tuna cooked with spices
- Add avocado slices and pickled onions
- Squeeze lemon over it
Another option for the fish lovers. A tint of tuna plus a tint of avocado can be all that you want for lunch or dinner.
8. Black Bean Tacos With Roasted Veggies
- Fill a portion of tacos with black beans
- Add roasted onion, tomato, mint, and coriander leaves
Another way to take your veggies is to roast them and wrap them up in tacos with cooked brown beans.
How Do Teen Weight Loss Recipes Work?
- The above teen weight loss recipes are meals that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and herbs.
- Most of them do not contain oil in their making and at the same time work to provide nutrition for the body.
- These recipes only consist of low calories but also high amounts of fiber in them.
- These meals make sure that you have enough protein but avoid the fats that will get stored and accumulate over time.
To Take Away
These teen weight loss recipes are the ones that you can eat and still lose weight. Being a teen you do not want to miss out on any food and follow a restricted diet that does not satisfy your taste buds.
Here we have added 8 recipes that aid your teen journey to lose weight. You can also get help from a certified nutritionist. Make sure that you drink enough water, exercise, and work out when you are following these recipes.
It can be due to hormonal changes, and the higher BMI is also due ot the excess fat storage in the body that promotes growth. However, you should not neglect this because it can also be used for other health conditions like PCOS.
Yes, it is normal to gain belly fat during puberty, especially in the case of girls. During this stage, excess fat gets stored in the body and in the case of girls, it happens around the belly and hips.
Fifteen is the age when a lot of changes happen in the body and teens go through many hormonal changes in their body. So, it is common to have a higher BMI and the cheeks might get chubby.