Teenage is the age when you grow. Growth will be seen in your mind, your thoughts, your emotions, and your social connections. For the body to grow healthily, there are several nutrients, including vitamins and minerals, that the body needs.
Phosphorus is such a mineral that is essential for teens, although the body needs it only in trace amounts. The daily food diet that you follow should ideally provide you with phosphorus.
In case you are phosphorus deficient, here are some easy phosphorus-teen-friendly recipes for you to try out. If you are the parent of a teenager, you can make these for them very simply.
Why Do Teens Need Phosphorus?
Teens need phosphorus to support the health of their bones and promote ideal bone growth. When there is not sufficient phosphorus in the body, it can cause muscle weakness and joint stiffness and can lead to related health issues. Here are 10 phosphorus-teen-friendly recipes:
Phosphorus Teen-Friendly Recipes
The daily kitchen food is used to make all of the below. These are phosphorus-high recipes that a teenager can make a part of his or her daily life to naturally solve phosphorus deficiencies.
✅ Strawberry Banana Smoothie With Chia Seeds
- You can use nonfat milk to make this smoothie.
- Make the smoothie with strawberries and bananas.
- Pour it into a glass, and
- Add chia seeds on top.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and add them to the top.
- Slice the bananas into small pieces and place them near the strawberries.
✅ Apple, Cinnamon, and Oats
- Use rolled oats.
- Add the rolled oats to a jar.
- Add cinnamon powder to it for a good flavor.
- Add almond milk to the rolled oats and cinnamon powder.
- Add chia seeds.
- Mix it well.
- Add maple syrup.
- Refrigerate it overnight.
- Take the jar out of the refrigerator the next morning.
- Add freshly sliced apples.
- Can add raisins
- Can add walnuts
✅ Chicken Soup With Corn, Carrots, And Black Beans
- Make chicken soup.
- Slow-cook the soup.
- Use chicken breasts to cook the soup.
- Add chopped carrots.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add chopped celery.
- After cooking all these, serve them in a bowl.
- Add cooked black beans.
- Add cilantro leaves.
✅ Egg And Avocado In A Salad Bowl
- Use 2 or 3 eggs.
- Poach the eggs.
- Slice avocados
- Add poached eggs and avocado to a bowl.
- Roast tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- Add lettuce and cabbage.
- Can add quinoa.
- Can add chopped pistachio
- Mix it well, and enjoy the bowl.
✅ Shrimp Tacos and Lime
- Fill the tacos with shrimp cooked in coconut oil.
- Add thinly sliced carrots.
- Add cabbage
- Add red pepper.
- Mix the veggies in yogurt and fill them in the tacos.
- Squeeze lemon over it.
✅ Chicken, Mushrooms, and Zucchini
- Roast chicken in avocado oil.
- Add cooked mushrooms.
- Can add onions
- Take the zucchini and spiral-cut it.
- Add it to the chicken and mushrooms.
- Add cashew butter and almond milk.
- Cook it well.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on top and mix it right.
✅ Steak, potatoes, and broccoli
- Slow-cook the steak
- Cut the potato into fine cubes.
- Slow-cook the potatoes.
- Use broccoli as the veggie seasoning.
- Serve it together.
✅ Berries, Yogurt, and Granola Bowl
- Wash blueberries
- Wash raspberries
- Cut, washed strawberries
- Add all of it to a bow.
- Add yogurt and mix it well.
- Add almonds on top.
- Add pumpkin seeds on top (optional).
- Can also add cantaloupe.
- Can also add grated coconut.
✅ Lime Turkey Taco Salad
- Use ground turkey.
- Cook the turkey with a pinch of salt.
- Add chili powder.
- Serve it in a salad bowl.
- Add sliced avocados.
- Add spinach
- Add corn
- Mix the contents of the bowl.
- Squeeze a lemon on top of it.
✅ Vegan Garlic Alfredo
- Cook onions and garlic.
- Use a veggie broth.
- Add raw cashews to the broth.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add yeast
- Add the cooked onions and garlic.
- Blend all these together to make the vegan garlic Alfredo sauce.
- Serve with pasta.
To Take Away
You can try out these recipes to provide your body with the right amount of phosphorus that is needed. However, note that the body needs this essential mineral only in trace amounts. Therefore, if there is an excessive amount of phosphorus in your body, it can lower the amount of calcium, causing further health issues.
Ans: Phosphorus is safe for kids and teens and is an essential mineral needed while growing up to keep bones healthy and strong and also to support the movements of the muscles.
Ans: Some of the common symptoms of phosphorus deficiency are bone pain, stiff joints, numbness, appetite loss, and anxiety.
Ans: Some common phosphorus deficiency diseases are those that cause muscle weakness, bone pain, anemia, and anorexia.