If you have never heard, there is a diet where you can eat all the cheese, eggs, and meat you want. It is called a ketogenic or keto diet, which is a low-carbohydrate, moderate-protein, and high-fat diet. Its main aim is to enter the metabolic state called ketosis, where our body utilizes stored fat instead of carbs for energy.
In a keto diet, we should reduce or eliminate foods that are high in carbs, like most fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and milk and include low-carb foods such as meat, fatty fish, eggs, cheese, butter, healthy oils, avocados, low-carb vegetables, and nuts.
Following the keto diet can help us lose weight and reduce the risks of diseases like diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and epilepsy. Here we will explore eight delicious keto recipes that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
8 Keto Low-Carb Recipes
- Chaffles: It is nothing but cheese plus waffles. It is a fun recipe where chaffles are made from 2 tablespoons of almond flour, half a cup of psyllium husk powder, any shredded cheese, and 2 eggs. You can also add a pinch of baking powder to make your chaffles fluffy. These are low-carb, tasty, and easy-to-make breakfasts.
- Sweet potato toast with eggs: This is a quick and easy breakfast recipe with sweet potatoes and everyone’s favorite, eggs! The thinly sliced sweet potatoes are popped into the toaster for 5 minutes. Then top the toast slices with eggs, mashed avocado, lettuce, and cheese of your choice. That’s it!
- Keto pancakes: This provides just 3 grams of carbs per serving. The first step is to mix the ingredients in a blender, which consists of 2 large eggs, 2 ounces of cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of stevia. Then heat the pan over medium heat and add olive oil to it. Pour 1/4 of the batter we blended into the pan and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it turns golden. Then flip it over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes. Repeat it for the rest of the batter. You can top the pancakes with butter, sugar-free jam, honey, berries, or yogurt.
- Raspberry chia pudding: This recipe has minimal ingredients but is packed with nutrients. Add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, 2 cups of milk (almond or coconut milk), 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bowl and mix it well. Cover the top and refrigerate it overnight. When it is ready to serve, add toppings.
Lunch And Dinner Recipes
- Keto fried chicken with broccoli: This recipe would only take 20 minutes to prepare. Rinse and cut the broccoli into small pieces. Season the chicken and fry it on medium heat with a generous amount of butter in a frying pan until it’s cooked. Then add the broccoli and more butter to the pan and cook it for another couple of minutes. You can add seasoning, and it is ready to serve.
- Instant pot chicken soup: It is a comfort food that is easy to make, healthy, and low in carbs. Set the instant pot to a medium or high setting. Then add butter and saute the vegetables (onion, carrots, garlic, and celery) for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, chicken broth, herbs, salt, and pepper to the pot and cook it on high pressure for 5 minutes. After that, release the pressure and serve it hot.
- Shrimp avocado salad: This recipe is delicious and contains the smooth texture of avocados and the crispiness of shrimp. First, we should mix the ingredients: 1 pound of peeled, coarsely chopped cooked shrimp; 2 plum tomatoes that are chopped; 2 cups of finely chopped onion; 2 minced jalapeno peppers; and 2 tablespoons of minced cilantro in a large bowl. Then add 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of adobo seasoning to the mixture. Cover and refrigerate it for 1 hour for the flavor to blend. Serve it over lettuce or in lettuce leaves.
- Cauliflower fried rice: Use a food processor to pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice and keep it aside. Take a large frying pot, add oil, and add 1 bunch of thinly sliced scallions, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of minced ginger, and stir fry it for about 1 minute. Add the carrots (2 diced), celery (2 stalks that are diced), and red bell pepper (1 diced) and stir fry till they are tender. Now add the cauliflower rice and stir-fry it for 5 minutes, or till it begins to turn golden brown. Also, add 1 cup of frozen peas, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons of sriracha to it. Now to the garnishes: take a medium pot and add oil over medium heat. Crack eggs and scramble them. You can season it with your preferred amount of salt and pepper.
As discussed, a ketogenic diet has many health benefits that can reduce the risks of several metabolic, neurological, and insulin-related problems. The above-mentioned keto recipes are healthy and delicious. But before you decide to go keto, it is best to see a registered dietitian or nutritionist. Because restricting the intake of essential carbohydrates may lead to much worse health issues.