When you are trying to bulk, there can be some meals that can be your real friends. The goal of bulking is to gain a really good weight, and for that, you can eat foods that are high in calories.
Bulking requires a lot of dedication and hard work, and you need to be determined when you need to accomplish the goal. You need to do the special workouts in the gym and make sure that you are doing the right things.
Along with working out, taking in certain foods can help you build muscles. In itself, there can be some meals that are made using more than one of these foods, which can accelerate your journey to bulking.
These are the meals that contain large amounts of calories and also require large amounts of protein and fat. You know what happens to your body when you take in high-calorie and protein-rich foods and do workouts at the same time.
Best Bulking Meal Prep Recipes
There are a few meals that every bodybuilder knows how to make. The specialty of these meals is that you can cook them anytime, they are easy to make, and you can carry them with you as well. Here in this article, you can read some bulk meal prep recipes.
💠 Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookies made of peanut butter can be a great option as a light meal when you are trying to gain a healthy weight. One cookie has approximately 125 calories.
Peanut butter and maple syrup—these are the only ingredients that you need to make peanut butter cookies.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add smooth and creamy peanut butter.
- Add maple syrup.
- Mix these two very well together; this is your dough for the cookies.
- Cover the bowl and freeze it for 50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take a baking sheet.
- Take the dough. Make flattened balls and place them on the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Oven it for 14 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Enjoy the crunchy peanut butter cookies.
Nut butters are something that you can find in almost every list of high-calorie bulking snacks and foods. One of the most popular nut butter is peanut butter. It is commonly used as a spread on your bread or toast, and people also add it to their smoothies to get all the calories they need in their system.
💠 Quinoa Bowl
This can be used as a breakfast bowl, and it is easy to make.
- Take a bowl and fill it with quinoa.
- Add cubed avocados.
- Add eggs as per your requirements.
- Add spinach to the bowl.
- Mix it well, and it is ready to eat.
💠 Almond Butter Brownies
A brownie is not really a meal, but again, who does not like brownies? What if this same popular dish can give you high calories and help you bulk?
- Get your oven ready and preheat it to 325 F.
- You will need half a cup of rolled oats.
- Process it in a blender to make it very fine.
- To this, add 1 cup of almond butter.
- Quarter a cup of cocoa powder, half a cup of maple syrup, and honey
- Add a pinch of baking soda to
- And a pinch of salt
- Mix all these well, and this is your batter for the brownies.
- Transfer it to a pan that you are going to place in the oven.
- Bake it for 15 minutes.
- Take it out.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, to the least.
- If you want them with chocolate chips, you can add them just before you put them in the oven.
💠 Chicken Burrito
- Simmer-cook chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and a couple of drops of water.
- Shred the cooked chicken breasts.
- Now cook rice and add cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Take a lunch box.
- Add grape tomatoes (sliced) to the lunch box.
- Add black beans near the grape tomatoes.
- Add drained corn.
- Now add chicken and rice.
- You can dress the salad as per your choice.
💠 Flaky Salmon With Veggies
- Cook tender and flaky salmon.
- Use salmon fillets.
- Cook it with basil, minced garlic, broccoli, basil, and red pepper (crushed).
- Use olive oil (drizzle it over).
- Take the cooked salmon into a bowl.
- Add chopped cabbage and lettuce.
- Add cheese (feta cheese) crumbles.
- Add a few basil leaves.
- Add olives if you need
- Squeeze lemon juice over it and mix it well.
The chicken and salmon recipes can also be used as bulk meal prep recipes for weight loss.
The Bottom Line
Now you have gone through the details of some of the bulk meal prep recipes out there. These are also some of the high-calorie bulk recipes. Remember that by saying you are to eat well to bulk up, it does not mean that you have to let go of all of your favorite foods and meals.
It’s always about eating the right way. If you love eating chicken, just make sure that you eat chicken, not fried chicken, but rather grilled or BBQ-pulled ones.
Just like how you have to do the hard work in the gym to make those muscles bulkier, you have to do the smart work when it comes to eating. If you eat the right way, you can bulk well but always note that improper cooking and giving in to your unhealthy cravings can be a blocker in your journey and might not be good for the bulking plans that you have in mind.
A: You can do batch cooking as a meal prep for bulking. You can make large portions of chicken or lasagna and divide them to be used throughout the week.
A: When you start bulking four meals a day can be good. Most bodybuilders take six meals a day that are calorie-rich and healthy at the same time.
A: Many people use rice as the best option to gain muscle. So you can add rice to your diet with a lot of veggies as well.
A: If your only goal is to reach your target weight, then you can eat junk. It will help you gain weight, but it will not be a good bulk, and the weight gained is from fat. If you are looking for a good bulk, then you should not be eating junk.
A: Some snacks that are good for bulking are avocados, nuts and dried fruits, nut butter, hard-boiled eggs, smoothies, and dark chocolate.